October 16, 2007

I am not a Schizophrenic....and neither am I!!

I know, for many people, this is a serious illness. I do not negate that and I have compassion for you or those you love who are touched by this.

However, one of the "callings" on my life, if I may call it that, I take very seriously. That is to rasie the endorphin level of the people around me. There are many studies done on endorphin levels and how they bring healing to the body. Frankly, if I didn't laugh as much as I do, I'm sure I'd be under the covers with illnesses of all sorts.

One phrase I like to use is "What are you bringing to the party?" Life should be a party. And each of us are invited. Yes, there is stress, and hard things, and hurt, and pain, (I have experienced that first hand) the difference is the attitude of the heart.

And I choose to laugh and laugh a lot. I can find the humor in most anything. (That in itself is probably an illness, smile) I even crack myself up, and often. Sad, huh? Oh well, keeps me healthy and happy.

I love to imitate folks, too, not real people, just charcaters I enjoy and I joke about all the people that live in my head. (Now you are worried about me, aren't you?) My brother in law is a Psychiatrist. He came for a visit and my sister was egging me on to do this character or that one. I caught his glance and new that look. So I spoke up, "please don't try to cure me. There are lots of people living in here....and I like them all." (Good thing he was able to discern that I really was just doing a schtick. (Is that a Jersey term??)

I'm rambling, I'll stop now.

So, for those of you who can enjoy a good laugh now and then, I will add a new label called Endorphin Tawk, and when you need a laugh, I hope you will visit and find something to raise your endorphin level!!

Here is one for today....


Hello. You have reached the Psychiatric Hotline.

If you are obsessive-compulsive, please press 1 repeatedly.

If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2.

If you have multiple personalities, please press 3, 4, 5, and 6.

If you are paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and what you want. Just stay on the line so we can trace the call.

If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a little voice will tell you which number to press.

If you are manic-depressive, it doesn't matter which number you press. No one will answer.

If you are anxious, just start pressing numbers at random.

If you are phobic, don't press anything.

If you are anal retentive, please hold.



If it made you laugh, my work here is done.
I'm just sayin.....

3 comments:

Mrs. C said...

Thanks for the laugh! :)

The Gang's Momma! said...

ROTFLOL! Thanks, you nut!

Kelli said...

I gotta say, this was really, really funny. Not-So-Classic read it last night and almost woke up Bubba with his laughter.

Side Note: Hey, I miss you.