October 25, 2007

Random Acts of "God-ness"

Today I was headed to lunch. As I removed my money from my wallet, I had what I'll call a "God thought", you know, that voice you recognize nudging you for some reason. I took out some extra money and knew I was to pay for someone elses lunch. I didn't know who, but it didn't matter. Obedience to that voice has always brougth me joy previously, so I don't argue with it. I headed out with an expectant feeling knowing God was about to bless someone for no reason.

A lady entered the eatery and was suprised when I said, "May I buy you lunch today?" She was puzzled. I simply told her it was a random act of kindness and that God loved her and wanted her to know that today.

As I walked back, I felt just simple joy at the look on her face, the surprise at receiving somehthing from a stranger, for no apparent reason. And I rememberd Oprah Winfrey starting a buzz a few years ago with her viewers doing "random acts of kindness." I remember friends telling me about paying for tolls for the person behind them, or paying for a restaurant bill of a stranger.

So, I decided to blog this and see if the bloggers that read this site would like to have some fun for a week. Let's each of us do one "Random Act of God-ness" each day, if possible, and write and tell each other about it. I'll post them in the new label, Tawk Amongst Yourselves, ok?

Can't wait til tomorrow, to see what kindness I can offer...I'm just sayin....

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Beautiful! It's beautiful to hear that a woman is listening that closely to the Holy Spirit to bless someone else. You are beautiful. That's my word today. :)

Melissa said...

We took your advice and bagged up some candy and fall cook booklets for our 2 elementary school teachers, the principle and the 2 ladies that work in the school office. The girls decorated bags with stickers and drawings and then wrote "Happy Fall" on them!

I couldn't tell who was more excited, the office ladies when they received them this morning or my girls while they were making and giving the bags to them!

Thanks for the challenge to do something random!

Shaun and Holly said...

Good for you! It is a joy to BOTH the giver and the getter! ;o)