July 1, 2009

Computer and Life Crashes!

She’s Baaaaacccckk!

You have been warned! ;)

I will start my return to the blog world with a post entitled:

Computer and Life Crashes!

I began blogging and then had a computer users worst nightmare, the crash of the hard drive.

No, I did not “back up.” (I’d love to know how many of you actually do?) I lost everything. All the photos, all the files, and the use of a computer until I could replace it. I thought I’d be off for just a short time, and then….

My life crashed!

I’ve learned so much since then. Mind if I share? (It’s my blog, deal. That’s what Joisey girls say, ha!)

A computer crash results in a loss of information, history, research, and kids homework, etc.

A life crash often results in much more. Loss of identity, loss of financial security, loss of employment, loss of reputation, and loss of friends, etc.

Those who know me personally know that I divorced after 20 years of marriage. For a conservative woman who came from a pious religious background, this is just not done!

What have I learned?

God hates divorce. He loves divorced people.

The favor of God can still rest on a divorced person.

Happiness and joy are two different things.

God is an awesome husband.

Friendships are precious, and their value can’t be measured. When you’re hurting, those that still love and support you are your dearest friends. (Thanks Jersey girl!)

Being alone does not mean you have to be lonely.

Recently my daughter graduated (as Valedictorian, I’m not proud!) from high school. That morning I was having my quiet time when my sister came down and caught me with tears rolling down my cheeks. Her face showed her concern until I shared “I’m so blessed. I’m so incredibly blessed.” I can’t begin to list the blessings in my life. Is it hard? Yes. Is it good? Yes.

I’m just sayin…

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Hurrah!!! I love Laurie!

Mrs. C said...

Good to hear you tawking again.

Love the truths you shared...so good.

Promises said...

This is so good - great to see you up and running again...now, I just have to get up and running again too (and also back up my computer!)

Auntie Linda said...

Love it! And love you too!