October 7, 2007

Jersey friends make the best kind....

My friend Marie, you know her...Italian...from Joisey... biggest heart around, everyone is family and in her kitchen, all are welcome and no one is a stranger.


Jersey people find each other.


Let me tell you how we met....


I am in an office building and a mutual friend says, "allow me to introduce you to Marie." She comes around her desk, extends her hand, and says "I'm Maria, so nice to meet you." Immediately, as only a Joisey girl can do, I cock my head and say "where you from" (I know that accent, or it dialect?)


She gets it....immediately.



"You mean ori-gi-na-lly?" (Can you just hear the strong North Jersey Italian accent?) Music to my soul, I tell you.


My response....not only are you from New Jersey, but you are from Bergen County."


We are instant friends. (All these years later, still friends who "get it")

When I arrive home, I call her the same day we've met.


"Marie, write this down and tell me how you say it?"


D-i-d y-o-u e-a-t y-e-t? (Proncounced......"Jeet yet?")


Her immediate response.....

"no, Ju?"


Marie, I'm countin on you for some good Joisey tawk....

So, for those that want to join, I'll see if my friend Natalie, will create a new Label called, "Tawk Amongst Yourselves" and will add the comments you all add that have to do with New Jersey!


I'm just Jersey sayin.....

1 comment:

Mrs. C said...

See now when I am longing for the Island...Long Island that is I can just pop over and read and feel like I'm tawkin' to my family again - because you ladies aren't all that different from LI, ya know?

And note - even though Simms is a Jersey boy and worked in Bergen County, he lacks the accent and has the nerve to poke fun at mine when it comes out!