October 4, 2007

Under the Circumstances

There was a man I would greet every Sunday morning at church. I would say "hello, how ya doin?"


His response was always the same...."well, under the circumstances"....and go on to tell me he was fine or had a good day at work, or the family was planning a trip."


I was always puzzled why he started every greeting that way and began to picture Eeyore's face(since their voices were much the same) when he spoke.


One day I heard myself say the following...


"Hi, (John, not his name, of course) how ya doin?"


And as always, "Well, under the circumstances...."

I heard myself blurt out, "Well, what are you living under there for?!"


I've thought of that many times when I'm going through tough things. I have a choice, to live "under the circumstances" or in spite of them. I choose to live joyfully in spite of them. Is it easy, not always. Do I fake it? Sometimes. But it takes a lot less toll on me in the long run if I choose not to live "under the circumstances."


I'm just sayin....

11 comments:

Melissa said...

Woo-hoo!

Welcome to the blogosphere! We all need a little more laughter in our days!

This Journey of Mine said...

oh my. oh my. oh my. I CAN NOT believe that you are in the blogosphere! That is just wayyyyyy toooo exciting.

Now I can enjoy you all the way down in NC! Yea!!!!

Miss you!

Mrs. C said...

I think this is going to be one of my favorite blawgs evah! :)

Promises said...

Very good post - I love it! Great to see that you have started a blog too! :)

Kelli said...

Can I just say: it's about time?

Lisa said...

I love the fact that you're a blogger now. I can't wait to keep reading about "The Amazing Adventures of Laurie!"

We love you!

Krazy Klingers said...

My Motto is it's better to live above the circumstances then under them! I am so glad you finally made it to the wonderful world of blogging...watch out, it's addicting!

Hands-Free Heart said...

OOO... I added you to my reader immediately! So glad you're finally blogging. I don't blog yet, and I comment infrequently... but just so you know, I'll be readin ya!

Bek said...

i love it...why live under there??? :) great that you were couragous enuf to say it!

found u thru on fire for HIM

The Gang's Momma! said...

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome! So glad to read you - I've missed your cheerful spirit and plain speaking common sense! And your laugh - I've really missed your laugh :)

Hugs from all the Gang here!

Kathleen Ellis said...

Hey girlfriend!
Congrats on the blog launch!
I will enjoy checking in on all the tawking that will most definitely be going on here!
You are a blessing to all you meet...one of a kind...TRULY....and I mean that in the nicest way!:)
Should you need any tips on elegance you know who to cawl!
Love you!